Friday, February 21, 2014

Peanut Butter Bites

     Just wanted to do a quick update with the addicting recipe I've been promising. I whipped up a quick batch of these and they are always a great go to to for a satisfying treat!

2 cups quick oatmeal
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey or agave
2 scoops vanilla protein powder

Stir ingredients together and form into small bites, a tablespoon each. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. You can add any ingredients like diced dried fruit  or mini chocolate chips if you like but I prefer them just like this. I typically don't see a big impact with these on my blood sugar with the fiber and protein but would be curious on total carbs. I will try to calculate that!

     Quick update on the turkey burger recipe I shared, I recommend using 99% fat free ground turkey breast. That's what I use and it works well with that recipe and that way keeps the fat down.

     Hope you are enjoying the start to your weekend! It's a cold one here again so we are curled up watching speed skating on the Olympics and hearing about our daughters' fun evening at the school sock hop tonight! Will be back this weekend with a layout or two, if my Saturday allows! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment