Monday, April 25, 2016

Faith in Our Foundation

I mentioned in my recent post that we are busy with lots of usual life events but building a new home is taking a big priority among the usual chaos. Years ago I had found this idea to write Bible verses that stirred something in me on the foundation of your house while building. I loved the idea but never in a million years thought we would build our own house. Love to admit I was wrong and with the framing complete on the first floor, the girls and I had so much fun writing verses in all of the rooms on the main level! This first one is my absolute favorite right now, with a middle school aged daughter and 4th grade daughter, humility and kindness is a constant topic in our house so I wrote this one in the closets:

This one is in the office, another one to consider in our everyday lives among the work you do...

Both of my girls had so much fun writing on the frames with Sharpies, breaking the age old rule of not writing on the walls was a freeing experience for them! :) Graci wouldn't let me get a photo of her but here's Addi writing Psalms, Taste and see that the Lord is good, another good one in the kitchen...

Here's one for the front entrance and Addi added her doodles to it as well...
Eric wasn't finding the time to join in because he was busy checking out the actual foundation of the house versus our faith foundation so I wrote this one on the steps just for him! : )
And my absolute favorite from 1st Corinthians, a common verse that is in so many wedding ceremonies. I know it was one of our passages, was it in yours as well? I haven't truly read it since and that is almost 14 years ago, our marriage has gone through many challenges in those years and rereading this with an open heart confirms my faith in Eric and our marriage.
Building a house has been incredibly exciting and fun but also a bit stressful in addition to starting a new job in a completely different industry, living in temporary housing, not knowing where we are living in a month, trying to keep our daughters' lives as routine as possible among it all, and keeping up with all the other roles we all have as adults within our communities, friends, and family is a tall order. Writing that all out just made my heart jump a bit, how do any of us keep up with it all? I try not to think about it too much but one thing this verse impaticular reminds me is that there is no one else I would want to share this adventure with than Eric...
This is our final moving day as we loaded into storage our last items late January, a selfie, which I'm not typically a fan of, but felt it necessary to document, so excited to build a home for our family together, dreams coming true and feeling so very fortunate and blessed right here! Excited to share more of this journey with you all as roof is on and windows going in this week! :o)
Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment