Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Dedicated Album

I remember one of my favorite gifts Eric got me for my first Mother's Day was an 8x8 album to record a layout for each year. I decided to do the left page of each layout with a picture of Graci and I while the right page would be for Eric and her on Father's Day. The third layout, or year, of celebrating, Addison had arrived before Father's Day but didn't appear in the left page, she arrived three days after Mother's Day that year! What I love most looking back through this dedicated album is seeing how our lives have changed over the years, sometimes dramatically with the birth of a child or a new home, and sometimes just the passing of time. But no matter what happened or where we were, I can genuinely relive the happiness in those pictures. I love that!

I finally got around to completing my layout for 2014 using an older kit from Studio Calico and this is the Mother's Day side...
and the Father's Day side with a picture from home where we gave Eric his gifts early because we traveled and arrived at Togwotee Lodge in Wyoming on the official day...
A few stamped or spritzed veneers, stamped and punched circles, and touches of sequins all added to the theme with a few stars sprinkled here and there.
I love how it turned out but to be honest, I am feeling a wee bit more heartache with each passing year as the album is filling up! 2004 was the first layout and I recall thinking it will take forever to fill this up! It's already got 10 years in it and I still remember the absolute joy I felt taking that first picture as a mom with Graci and our puppy Lainey on my official day. I thought my heart was full back then...who knew how full it would feel ten years later? Incredibly thankful!


No comments:

Post a Comment