Sunday, July 6, 2014

Wood Veneers and Using Up Scraps


I've developed a love-hate relationship with purging when it comes to my workspace. In all other areas of my home, I have no issue when it comes to getting rid of things and it is freeing to have that space back. Don't get me wrong, I feel the same freedom when my workspace is clean but it seems almost impossible to keep things organized when I am always working on something. I love all the wood veneers that have been so popular over the last few years and therefore, have way too many in my stock and played around with some ways to use some up.

I gathered similar shapes in various sizes and thought it would be cute to have them peek out from a circle that was popped up to add some dimension. On the first one I had a few scraps of Stampin' Up papers that I started with and decided to add a splash of orange from Heidi Swapp Georgia Peach spritz to the word wish to make it special. I used some die cut pieces from one of the new Lawn Fawn sets, Chit Chat and added a bit of glimmer with the wink of Stella pen to the birds...
The next one was super simple as I die cut a few butterflies, one from felt and one from paper, using a Papertrey Ink die and stamped the sentiment from a Stampin' Up set. Added a button and a few enamel dots from my stash and that was it...
This last one was so fun to do with a piece of leftover chevron paper (I usually toss scraps but anything chevron, I cling to :), a car die cut and stamped from Papertrey Ink, leftover Heidi Swapp sticker letters that I colored with Distress Inks, Raspberry Fizz and a hint of Barndoor Red, and a bit of glitz with some Stickles on the window and a few bilngy dots for headlights and the apostrophe make this card complete!
I hope all of my American friends had a fun filled and safe 4th of July weekend and everyone anywhere outside the US had a great weekend as well. We spent ours at the lake with family and great friends and as always, the weekend went by too fast! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment