Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Bright Side

With the return of snow and cold I know I'm not the only one looking for a brighter and warmer future. Since I can't control the weather and I do live in SD, I figured what better way to bring some sunshine and fun than with a pallet wood project painted bright yellow! :)
So first I had my hubby cut a few pieces of pallet to similar lengths and used three of them and Liquid Nails to attach them. I spray painted it three coats with a bright yellow, let it dry, and sanded the edges. Next I cut a file from Studio Calico with my Silhouette and layer it on, taping it with washi, and got some turquoise acrylic paint ready to fill in the stencil.
Be careful to not get too much paint on your brush and paint away from the edge of stencil letters so it doesn't creep under. This is my third attemp with stencils on these boards and am calling this sign, which isn't perfect, my labor of love because I really wanted to get one done but this took time and a lot of patience!
Once the second coat of turquoise was dry I used gold and silver gelatos to add some highlights to the cracks and sanded distressed areas. Yes, this sign is crazily bright but I cannot wait to hang it in my freshly painted gray guest bedroom because these colors are in the chevron bedspread. Can't wait to get that, and my own bedroom, completed and share!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment