Sunday, September 28, 2014

Poet Society

Our youngest daughter, Addison, went to ND with our neighbors to experience life on the farm, combining soybeans and all! She keeps us hopping so while she was gone Graci and I did a little shopping, which Addi despises, so it worked out well for everyone! In addition to shopping and an overdue date night with Eric (This is Where I Leave You, so, soooooooo good, two thumbs up from us), I got to catch up on some of my kits and did a little scrapbooking. I know the 4th of July is so far gone but loved this picture of the girls and the Poet Society kit from Studio Calico was a perfect fit for it...

This layout featured on Maggie Holmes blog has been in my inspiration pile for awhile so I was excited to use it as a jumping point for my page. It was so fun to use gesso to paint the background paper I chose. It just softened the words and added a bit of texture. I used my new sewing machine to add stitched boxes that frame the centerpiece.
Love how it turned out and now I've got just 3 kits left to use up, not counting the one that will be shipping this week from the new release. Someday I will be all caught up. Not really but that's okay, it gives me lots of pictures and memories to look forward to creating...if only I could keep it up tomorrow but work returns with Monday. Hope yours is a good one!



No comments:

Post a Comment