Sunday, August 10, 2014

Grilling from the Garden

My garden is finally grooving and so far tomatoes and zucchini are the best crops, although the grape and cherry tomatoes seem to have overtaken some of my larger plants so hoping the beef steak ones start producing the larger ones for BLTs this week!

So with all these veggies I try to get creative with different ways to use them up yet keep it fresh and fun for the family. My absolute favorite way to use up all the little sweet tomatoes, aside from eating them out of the garden, is cut them and fresh mozzarella in half, stir in some olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and add some sea salt and pepper to taste. Fast, easy, delish, and so easy on the blood sugar!

I've baked a few things with my zucchini but tonight I sliced a few into quarters, and marinated with a bit of olive oil, lemon zest and juice from the lemon, and kosher salt. Let it sit for a bit and put them on the grill. Easy peasy and again, so amazingly good! My girls and husband also approve so this is a win win, right? 

It hasn't been difficult thus far as the harvest is just beginning but as the season goes on it gets more challenging. Pinterest is a great resource for ideas but how about you? Any fresh ways you prepare your vegetables? 

No comments:

Post a Comment