Monday, December 14, 2015

12 Days of Crafty Christmas: Day 1

The countdown is on and it's crazy as usual around here. Sorry for the absence but I just can't seem to catch up with it all, like, ever, anyone else feel that way? Pretty sure that's just life but I thought, why not add a crafty Christmas countdown to my chaos because, well, it's fun! :) So, I'm trying my very best to show you a fun project every day until Christmas highlighting a product or technique to try.

First up, Prismacolor watercolor pencils. I've been using cheaper versions on pencils for coloring since this became a trend and just haven't loved the coloring which surprised me. So I took the p,urge with a 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby and invested in a small Prismacolor pencil set, similar sets can be found on Amazon. I had a stamp set from Stampin' Up and wanted to make a few thank you cards for Christmas gifts. I had the circle dies from Lawn Fawn and planned it out.
And here's what I came up with for a few cards, with some help from Addison because, who doesn't love to color?


I didn't do the water coloring because I needed to knock these out quickly tonight but I did add some red glitter glue to the reindeer nose and ornaments to add some texture. My verdict on these pencils, so worth the investment! Smooth and easy to add more depth or shadow, excited to have time to play with hem more and hoping I'll have a chance to use them for a watercolor technique on the countdown. Hope you'll stop by again to check it out, with the rest of the craft countdown projects! 



No comments:

Post a Comment