Thursday, December 24, 2015

12 Days of Crafty Christmas: Day 10 & 11

Thinking if I do this next year I'll start my 12 days early so they don't actually fall on the busiest days of the season! :) Eric's sister was in town and a hotel with pool plus all the Breidenbach cousins equals getting home late! I should've known. But I've got a fun idea if you're a pallet lover...something I created this summer and hadn't had a chance to put on the blog so here is a Christmas tree for putting up outside and safer than hanging lights on your roofline! :)


I painted the pallet with a red stain the my neighbor, Amy, discovered this summer. Stain comes in lots of colors and the gray is something I'd love to try with a future wood project! Next I used scrap paper to literally build my tree, layering them until it was visually what I liked and spray painted it with a vibrant green. This was my favorite part of the project...



I added a star and paited a tree trunk. You could string with lights for your front porch or hang actual ornaments, so many possibilities! Sorry I don't have a picture of it on my porch but with a house for sale we've gotten rid of or given a lot to tidy up and this was on the given list. Can't wait to start crafting in our new home next summer! :)

Merry Christmas to you and your family! I hope your Eve is filled with joy and a heart full of gratitude! I am feeling especially nostalgic with this being our last holiday in this house and so many memories and blessings here!



No comments:

Post a Comment