Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Felt Accessories

I've had these steel dies from Papertrey since they were released a year or two ago and loved all the possibilities with them but if you're anything like me sometimes that flair for a project gets put on the backburner because of, well, life.

My mind never stops, goes a zillion miles a minute and I have so many ideas and things I'd like to do, create, etc. but often feel short on time. Anyone else? Yeah, I knew I wasn't alone. :)And then there's my love/hate relationship with Pinterest. The ideas are endless but I've pinned so many things in the last year and if I think about it too much, get a bit stressed wondering when I will ever get to those pins. Hoping Pinterest is still around when I retire so I can finally catch up!

So, back to the felt. I die cut lots of colors with Papertrey felt, which is amazing stuff if you haven't tried it! Cuts with clean edges and colors are beautiful! After die cutting the three layers, make sure all the dots are open by using a sharp object or rubbing your fingers over to ensure all layers line up nicely. Then you just take embroidery floss and stitch together. Put a metal snap barrette in the back pocket and voila! You can embellish with buttons, ribbon, felt die cut shapes. Endless possibilities! These were so easy to stitch even my daughters got in on the fun and made one. (they are 7 and 10 so patience allowed for one each, which I thought was pretty good! :)

Here are some of the finished barrettes:
And of course, Papertrey has this adorable stamp set to use for creating your own packaging. So I had to finally use that stamp (again, major self justification here:) to create the backing for one. These would make adorable gifts! Easter is just around the corner and I know a few little girls that would love receiving these!
 
Lucky for me that I just received several pastel colors of felt to add to my stash! (Lucky for the girls, too, but I'm not justifying here, just being honest! :) If you want to check these out or any other amazing Papertrey Ink products, you can do so here
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment