Friday, April 18, 2014

Friday Favorites - April Edition

Easter is upon us and I have a few favorites that go perfectly with the theme...

Eos Shea Butter Hand Cream
Priced right at $2, perfect little container whether you have your mama bag or a clutch, and three scents that are subtle and fresh - berry blossom, cucumber, and fresh flowers. Would be a sweet addition to any Easter basket!
Good as Gold Nail Polish by Essie
Gold is so in right now and I found this little beauty at Target and had to try it. I painted my nails and wore a wild print silky shirt for work one day last week and couldn't help but feel as though I needed a disco ball above me to finish off the look!
 
Jesus Calling Devotional by Sarah Young
This daily devotional was introduced to me by a friend who, in my opinion, has an ease about her and lives her life with so much strength and grace and I realize that is because of her faith. We all have trials in our lives and I have always been a firm believer in the fact that God does not give us more than we can handle but it is hard sometimes to trust that faith. This book has guided my journey this year and I know it is something I will continue to turn to every year.
Rachael Ray Pea and Carrot Soup
Spring means fresh vegetables and this soup is the perfect addition to any weeknight. The leeks lend to its flavor and the pesto infused rice makes it a hearty meal. I've included a link to the recipe here. As Rachael would say, "Yum-O!"
Treat Cups by Stampin' Up

So this is may be a biased favorite but I found a picture on Pinterest with how to use these little round treat cup bases (which I've had in my stash for like four years now, wondering what to do with them) and thought anything with a cotton ball tail added is adorable. My daughter, Addison, actually whipped a bunch of these up for friends to give as a little Easter treat and I know grandmas and grandpas will be getting them in the mail. They just make me smile so here is the final favorite...
We are off to Fargo to celebrate with my brothers and their families. Swimming, hotel, and brunch prepared by someone other than me so looking forward to a fun, stress free weekend where the restaurant can clean up the mess! :) I hope you all have an incredible Easter weekend with loved ones and hop on by the blog again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment