Thursday, April 17, 2014

Studio Calico Bluegrass Farm Cards

So, I've finally found some time in the last few evenings to dig into the latest SC card kit and wanted to share a few of my creations from the stash...


For the big burst of yellow flower I cut the ribbon in half along the length and stuck it to a big glue dot, gathered as I covered the glue and repeated 3 layers to finish it. On the lemon one I used Starfruit Stampin' Up ink and Papertrey Ink Mat Stack dies to embellish the ribbon and on the Just a Note I made my own pocket out of the soft coral card stock and finished it off with a stitch of ribbon and Notch Flower die of red and Stampin' Up heart die to cut a piece of gold paper to finish it off. lOVE the gold, coral, and navy combo!
I randomly stamped the big blow up stamp included in the kit in Crispy Cantaloupe and Crumb Cake from Stampin' Up on the white and embellished with various die cuts and tag. 
 That silky soft peach ribbon was so fun to play with and love the accent of it stitched at an angle on the thank you card to anchor the shimmery black paper with the die cut sentiment from Papertrey Ink.
This last one was inspired from one I found in the Studio Calico gallery and is one of my favorites so far but I still have a ton of pieces left to create with so hoping on one of my vacation days to finish off the kit!
That's it for now, better get dinner on the table and excited to meet a good friend out tonight to kick off the start of my four day vacation! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment