Friday, January 30, 2015

Friday Cards

I've been inspired by blog hopping this week and created a few cards as a result...
My first inspiration was from Laura Fadora's Doublestick Heaven. I embossed a letter background stamp in white and used various Distress Inks to blend together a rainbow of colors. Mounting it on black really makes the rainbow pop! I used my Silhouette to print the word Love and then cut it using the fill tool and removing cut lines around my word, modified, and cut. I heat embossed the you in white on black and made it into a little banner. A few silver sequins finished my layout for the card and I'm excited to mail this one for Valentine's Day!

Next up is this sweet thank you...
I used a heart stencil from Stampin' Up and embossing paste to add texture just like Kristina Werner did on her card. I'm not a big fan of cats so I decided to use the whimsical ballon dies and matching stamps from Simon Says Stamp to finish off my card after I added rows of the stamp from their January card kit in SU's Island Indigo, Coastal a Cabana, and Primrose Petals. The thank you is a Papertreyink Ink die cut.

And finally, a simple card I found on Pintetest after doing a Stampin' Up search that I screenshotted a picture of and cannot find the source. The white card front was embossed with a large polka dot folder from SU and I used a banner die from SSS, a few die cut leaves from SU and the detailed one is from a Phrase Play die from Papertreyink. A few embellishments and mounting it to Calypso Coral card stock from SU, sweet and simple...
That's it for now. Happy Friday, friends! I'm off to a college basketball game to watch Graci dance at half time. Hope you're doing something special, too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment