Thursday, January 29, 2015

Master Makeover

So, a few weeks back I made some updates to our master bedroom by purchasing a new duvet and freshening up our old drapes. All was good with that but as I reviewed the photos I had added to the blog I knew I would love a warm gray color on the walls and had seen an idea of fun framed monogram letters with an ampersand in between on Pinterest. Eric was in Vegas for work, kids were busy with friends, why not, I can paint a whole bedroom, move furniture, remake, get a few odds and ends, and come up with a fresh look for our room in, say, one weekend or less, right? Right!!!

I picked Dovetail by Sherwin Williams, love, love, love how this turned out! Found a giant rustic ampersand at Hobby Lobby for half off, and spray painted the old E and S in a soft aqua and sanded them so the edge looked worn and framed them with gray barnyard frames, buy one get one free from Michaels...
A fur throw from TJ and a few more pillows from Target that happened to match perfectly. I splurged and got two new lamps that had worn wood bases and cream linen shades. I also found a weaved piece of art that just happened to be the perfect colors to add interest to one of the walls...
I am loving the look and it even got the stamp of approval from the guy who sleeps on the E side of the bed! That's it for now but I'm working on wrapping some twine around an aqua vase, a slice of wood with a sweet sentiment on it, and a sign made from old pallet wood that will have all the important dates of our life together on it. Can't wait to call this room complete and start thinking about what I might need to freshen up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment