Monday, January 5, 2015

My Favorite Staycation Yet!

Today the girls went back to school and I went back to work. It was sort of bitter sweet but as I was catching up on laundry last night I said to Eric that I knew it had been an incredible break because between my two girls they had just one load of laundry from the entire break. This is because we spent so very much time in our pajamas! Crafting, watching movies, baking, hanging out, the lack of laundry completely defined my favorite staycation yet! I always feel so relaxed and reconnected with my life and all the things that truly matter after my holiday break of typically two weeks but it is always good that I feel ready to get back to reality, too.

As promised, I've got lots of fun projects to share but for today, just wanted to stop by and show you a layout I put together last night after the realization  my laundry caused. I adored this picture of the girls in their new Christmas jammies with Lainey I had taken. Yes, I got lots of great pictures under the tree and doing fun activities and lots of family members and friends, but looking through them all, this is my favorite picture of our entire holiday and I wanted to capture that simplicity!
I used the Studio Calico Park Ave. kit and a few pieces from older kits. The washi tape with Decembrrrrr and get cozy were just perfect for this page!
And one more of  an embellishment I created by clustering a few pieces together.
Cozy for sure! Funny thing is, the girls went to school and I did work but a blizzard came through suddenly so the girls got out today at 12:30 and I picked them up soon after! Dance was cancelled tonight and we all are at home, cozy in front of the fire once again! Am wondering if we could be so lucky again tomorrow? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment