Friday, May 9, 2014

Teacher Appreciation

Happy Friday friends! I haven't had much time for crafting lately with the rush of school coming to an end and all of the girls' music, dance, and school event finales! I'm not going to lie, I am almost as excited for summer as my kids! :)

Our school celebrates teachers and all they do this week so last night we took a late trip to the mall because, of course, this was the one item with top priority on my to do list that ended up forgotten after the twelve other top priorities for yesterday, with most of them being work related. Paying the mortgage and appreciating teachers are big deals but one does have to make choices, right? Finding balance is so much work!

So after sipping a few samples at Teavana and smelling all the latest scents at Bath and Body, we were ready to roll and on sensory overload as we headed home for bedtime. Nice work, mom, I thought to myself! :) And at 9:15 PM I hit the craft room to create. It was fun to crank these out and I'm pretty sure I've sparked my craftiness again!


Addi really wanted the strawberry basket theme so I used my Silhouette to create the basket and her handwriting in white to spell "picked" was just enough to make this little bushel personal. Graci's teacher loves tea so she picked out a few fun flavors and a canister that with purchase, donates to education so I jazzed up the bag with teacups and a tea bag, again cut with the Silhouette and added a fitting  sentiment to the tea bag with the sketch pen option. I hope their teachers love them as much as  the girls did when they woke up this morning and saw the little gifts ready to give!

No comments:

Post a Comment