Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Fall Favorites!

My favorite time of year is here and I 1.absolutely adore everything about it! Although it's been unseasonably warm, I'm embracing the idea and wearing cozy sweaters and boots that the gorgeous colors covering the trees have inspired. Along with all the fun autumn attire, I've been trying out pumpkin and squash recipes and also reading a great book so here are my fall favorites to share!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Seriously one of THE best uses of canned pumpkin yet! So, so good! From The Girl Who Ate Everything, who now has a book out that has made its way onto my Christmas wish list. Love her blog for fun recipes for any season or reason! You can find the yummy recipe here.
Pumpkin Noosa Yoghurt
One more pumpkin pick...if you haven't tried Noosa yoghurt, you need to...soon! I've gotten on and off the Greek yogurt bandwagon for various reasons but once I tried this stuff, there is just no going back. Warning to my friends with diabetes...not the best yogurt for your blood sugar so be ready to bolus for this little spoonful of heaven, worth every unit, in my humble opinion! :o) I typically use one container for three separate servings so it doesn't pack such a punch but regardless of blood sugar, lots of healthy protein and my absolute favorite yogurt for a treat. Lemon is my fave but the seasonal pumpkin is available only at Target and so worth its own trip to the store. You know you'll find something else you need while you're there anyhow so I'm technically just helping you out with this one!


 The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty
 I read What Alice Forgot and enjoyed it but this book is so many levels above that read! If you've seen the movie Sliding Doors from years back where the simplest choice or chance, such as whether you make it in time to board the train or the door closes too quickly and you have to wait for the next one could change your entire future was brought to mind while I read this. Couldn't put it down and if you read it, you MUST read the epilogue! A perfect book to read by the fire on a lazy Saturday...you can find details here.


Finley Top by Matilda Jane Clothing
I bought this in September and literally have already gotten my money's worth in a month! You can dress it up or dress it down, it is loose fitting for a warm day and you can add a sweater or wrap to cozy it up as winter approaches. So comfy and just love the vintage feel and little details Matilda Jane always adds. You can buy direct or from a home party, more info here.

South of the Border Chicken and Butternut Stoup
I was skeptical of this as I wouldn't consider my family squash fans but this came together quickly and everyone enjoyed it. I love all the apple, squash, pumpkin recipes that fit this season but a Mexican flair to an otherwise autumn vegetable was a perfect way to mix up the menu this week! Recipe is here.

Hope you're loving autumn as much as I am! What's your favorite part of this incredible season?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment